- Scale 1:200
- Complete model length 10 ¾ inches (27cm)
- “Prisoner of War” or Sailor’s-made style, but in correct scale and proportions
- Solid full hull or waterline type (layers construction)
- Quality domestic and exotic hardwoods for hull and parts
- Strong flexible bamboo masts and carbon fiber yards
- Conveniently designed templates on card stock and sticking paper
- Smart ideas for fast and pleasant hull building and parts simulation
- Old 1816 plan and historical notes included
- Pewter cast cannons and anchors (high quality, correctly scaled)
- General assembly instructions and drawings
- Small production run
This kit is very different
from others on the market. No cheap and soft balsa or basswood, no easy to break birch dowels for masts and spars, no disappointment
when you compare expensive kit you purchased with true historical materials and plans. This kit will save you tremendous time
and resources on historical research, finding the best possible building materials and graphical preparations. At the same
time it will stimulate your very own individual approach and skills in model creation.
"Build from Scratch"
approach means you will do your own parts and construction using included materials, templates and instructions.
Materials included are
highest grade money can buy - carefully selected hardwoods for hull construction and hard to find beautiful exotic woods for
small parts: cherry for lower hull ( when naturally finished, resembling coppered bottom), maple for upper hull, boxwood for
deck and hull parts, pink ivory for cannon carriages. The masts are strong and flexible bamboo and yards are even stronger
and more flexible black carbon fiber, so your model can be directly handled and even played with!
plan is included as a reference and encouragement to check with historical sources and even modify the kit to your liking,
vision and understanding.
Instructions are short and clear, assuming model maker have published books, know the subject and
how to use tools and glue. No rigging thread included leaving model maker to his own preferences.
This kit is planned
as the first in series. Sailing warships of the US Navy of 18-19 century will be first to come: sloops of war Wasp and Hornet
(in design stage), frigates Essex, Constitution and others. British frigates and ships of the line of the Napoleonic Wars
including will follow…
This kit is designed from the best plans and other resources available. Separation of hulls along
waterline, scale and size of our models (not too big, not too small) will allow using them not only as attractive displays
and collectables, but also for table top naval war games.